Saturday, December 30, 2023

Review: Are u ok?: A Guide to Caring for Your Mental Health

Are u ok?: A Guide to Caring for Your Mental Health Are u ok?: A Guide to Caring for Your Mental Health by Kati Morton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this book up from my library app on a bit of whim. I'd seen Kati Morton's YouTube videoes a few times over the last couple of months and found her quite helpful, so thought I'd look this up. It took me only a couple of weeks to get it from the on holds, so I was able to get to it quite fast.

Morton's book is really an introduction to therapy and to psychology. Like her YouTube channel, Morton is really good at explaining the complexities of psychological treatments and approaches as well as illnesses in clear, easy to understand prose. Her style is easy to read and really quite compassionate. Her good sense comes through and she is full of recommendations of how to approach mental health issues. The book is intended for someone with limited experience with therapy, so I found that I knew a lot of what she was talking about, except, of course, the more nuts and bolts who does what kind of things (which really only applies directly to California). But I still found the book helpful.

If you're struggling and wondering about a book to de-mystify how to get help, this is a good book to start with. And, of course, Morton's YouTube channel.

View all my reviews

No comments: